Operation Christmas Child
The GO (Gospel Opportunity) boxes we pack each year are hand-delivered to children in different parts of the world. The gospel is shared with each child who receives a box, and each child is also invited to join a 12-week discipleship program called "The Greatest Journey" to learn more about Jesus and the Bible. Now that’s the Great Commission in action! Many children and their families come to know Christ through this effort each year.
Ways You Can Help
- Pick up as many boxes as you want in the lobby and pack them! Our goal this year is to reach 1,500 children with the gospel by packing 1,500 boxes. Think about packing just one more than you did last year. See how to pack a box.
- Pack a box or boxes online. The cost is $25/box (including shipping), and your box will count toward MBC’s total. Build a Shoebox is a convenient way to pack a box without ever leaving your home, and many of these boxes will go to unreached people groups.
- On Friday, November 5, adults and teens are welcome to come fold boxes and pre-pack school supplies and toiletries. We’ll start at 6 PM and stop when we’re done.
- On Saturday, November 6, come to our Packing Party for an hour or two between 10 AM and 4 PM and help us pack shoeboxes. Bring your kids to join in the fun! Sign up here and bring your friends.
- Volunteer at MBC during National Collection Week, Nov. 15-22. Sign up here for a shift or shifts.
- Join a group from MBC to help with the final processing of each box at the Coppell Processing Center. Volunteers must be at least 13 years of age. Sign up here to volunteer on Monday, Nov. 29, 9 AM-1 PM or Sign up here to volunteer on Thursday, December 2, 6 PM -9 PM.
- Own a business or know someone who does? Business owners or managers can donate money for project costs and/or items to fill shoeboxes (e.g., pencils, T-shirts, hats, soap, etc.). We have also had company employees pack boxes together as a group. Monetary donations can be made online through the MBC website here or directly to Samaritan’s Purse here.
- Donate to help with project costs. The suggested donation of $9 per box pays for shipping, gospel materials, and training of national leaders. Click here to give directly to OCC through Samaritan's Purse.
Deadline for returning all filled boxes to MBC: Sunday, November 21